Curbside pickup will be available beginning Monday, May 18 at all six of our library locations. See below for pickup information specific to each location. Although our buildings are still closed to the public, wi-fi will continue to be available from the parking lots of all library locations 24/7.
Here's how it works:● Request an item by placing a hold using our online catalog or by calling the library .
● We will start gathering your available items. Some items may not be immediately available.
● You will receive a phone call when your items are ready. You will have 3 days to pick up your items.
● When you arrive at the library, pull into a parking spot at the library and look for the curbside pickup signs.
● Call the library to let them know you have arrived. The library's phone number will be on the curbside pickup signs.
● Get out of your car, and wait at the designated spot 6 feet away from the curbside pickup table. Please keep your distance from others who may be waiting.
● A library staff member will approach the table, verify your name, and place your checked out items on the table. They will be in a bag for easy handling! The library staff member will back away from the table, and you can pick up your bagged items.
● You can return any items currently checked out by placing them in the book drop. We are not accepting donations at this time.
● Enjoy your library materials!
● You need a library card and a PIN to request items through our online catalog. Do you need a PIN? Call the library or email us at email@example.com. Do you need a card? Get a temporary online library card today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Beginning Monday, May 18, all of our library locations will be staffed regular hours. The only exception to this are our Saturday hours for the East and West Regional Libraries--they will be staffed from 10am to 2pm.
Hours for curbside pickup service are:
East Regional (Destrehan) and West Regional (Luling)
● Monday – Thursday: 10am – 7pm
● Friday: 10am – 4pm
● Saturdays: 10:30am – 1:30pm
St. Rose, Paradis, and Norco Branches
● Monday: 11am – 7pm
● Tuesday – Thursday: 11am – 5:30pm
● Friday: 10am – 4pm
● Saturday: 10:30am – 1:30pm
● Monday – Friday: 10am – 4:30pm
We are committed to protecting the health and safety of our library staff and the public.
● Staff are required to wear face masks when interacting with the public. We strongly encourage everyone to follow health experts' guidance and wear a mask in public places.
● There will be every effort made to maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet between staff and the public during curbside service. Library staff is also making every effort to maintain 6 feet of social distancing while in the buildings.
● Returned items are quarantined for 3 days before becoming available for checkout, so they will remain on your account for 3 days after you return them. You will not be charged overdue fees.
● Disinfectant sprays and hand sanitizer are located throughout our buildings.
● High-touch areas are disinfected regularly.