Library cards are free to residents of St. Charles Parish. Cards are also free for everyone who works, attends school, or owns property in St. Charles Parish. Nonresident cards are available for a $25 yearly fee. Click here for details on how to obtain a library card.
You can access your library account information online anytime using the “My Account” feature on our website or through the app.
- To access it through the library's website, use the Login to My Account link in the main menu at the top of the page.
- Enter your library card number and your PIN. If you do not remember your PIN, click here to reset it, or visit the library and ask the staff to reset it for you.
- In your account you can choose to:
- View your personal information
- Check the status of your holds
- See if you have any outstanding fees
You can update your library account at any of our library locations. Bring a government-issued photo ID. If you are making changes to your address please bring one of the following items with your new address: government issued photo ID, current utility bill, mail postmarked to the new address, or a lease/rental agreement.
Locate an item in the library’s online catalog or the library app and use the PLACE HOLD button.
Enter your library card number and PIN, and then select the branch you wish to have the item delivered to. If you do not remember your PIN, click here to reset it, or visit the library and ask the staff to reset it for you.
You will receive a phone call when your item is ready for pickup. Your item will be available at your selected branch for seven days.
You can check the status of your hold through the MY ACCOUNT area on our website:
- Click the My Account link in the main menu at the top of our homepage
- Enter your library card number and your PIN.
- The HOLDS tab allows you to view all of your holds, their status, the selected pick-up library branch, and your place in line.
If you do not see the item you are looking for you can suggest that we consider purchasing it.
If no one is waiting for a book you have checked out, it will be renewed twice, for a total of 6 weeks. If someone requests a book that you have checked out, we will ask you to return it at the end of your current checkout period.
Materials can be returned at any time to one of our six library branches.
We are a fine free library, so there are no overdue fines. There are fees for lost or damaged materials. Fees must be paid in person at a library branch. We accept cash and checks at all locations. Credit cards can only be used at the East Regional Library.
Library accounts with $25 or more in accrued fees will not be allowed to check out materials until payment is received.
- Overdrive offers popular fiction and non-fiction titles for all age groups.
- Hoopla offers comics and graphic novels in addition to a collection of popular fiction and non-fiction titles.
- Need a little help? View an Overdrive video tutorial here. View a hoopla video tutorial here.
CDs and Playaways
- Audiobooks for children, teens, and adults are available for check out from all six library branches.
- Playaways, players preloaded with audiobooks, are available for check out at the East and West Regional Libraries
DVDs and Playaway Views
- DVD for children, teens, and adults are available for check out from all 6 library locations. Titles include current and classic feature films, TV shows, cartoons, documentaries, and workout videos.
- Playaway Views, players preloaded with cartoons, are available for check out in the juvenile collection at the East and West Regional Libraries.
Downloadable Movies, TV Shows, and Cartoons
The library offers music through hoopla.
Categories include: Alternative | Pop | Rock | Country | Hip-Hop / Rap | R&B / Soul | Latin | 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s | Christian / Gospel | Jazz | Blues | Classical | Soundtracks | Broadway Musicals | Children’s | Holiday
Need a little help? View a hoopla video tutorial here.